I am aware that it can be difficult deciding whether you really want to engage in therapy, as well as choosing the right counsellor or psychotherapist to help you. I hope that reading this website will help you make an informed decision on such an important step. Here are some points about me that might help you make that decision:
- I am fully qualified to Advanced Diploma level and accredited by the BACP. I abide by the BACP strict Ethical Code which includes observing confidentiality, having regular clinical supervision and a minimum of 30h CPD per year.
- have 15 years experience working as a counsellor and psychotherapist. During this time I have helped many hundreds of people overcome their difficulties. I also have extensive life and professional experience as an employee assistance telephone counsellor, a parenting adviser, communication skills coach, mediator, teacher, therapist of people with special needs and parent.
- I am insightful, grounded and often able to understand your issues fairly quickly, as well as usually able to have a good idea of what can be done to address them.
- The reason why I do this job is because I love my work. I am passionate about helping people out of discomfort into a more balanced life. I have a deep sense of service and help to others.
- I developed my ability to examine and understand my inner self through long term personal therapy before and during my training. Through that I have learned a great deal about how my mind and body work together. I addressed many of my issues and learned to realise this is an ongoing process of constant learning and growing. It also helped me understand how it is to be the client sitting on the counselling chair.
- I believe that most of counselling and psychotherapy is about the strife to love yourself. I know from personal experience how hard this can sometimes be. This enables me to understand better the struggles of my clients and thus be in a position to help them more effectively.
- I believe that it is alright not to be able to sort everything out on your own. Admitting that you need help and asking for it is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength and courage.
- I am constantly updating, learning new things, by reading, attending training events and networking with my colleagues.
- I believe that we all have common needs and share similar difficulties. I think we all are somewhere on the continuum of some mental health issues, but we are neither mad nor bad. I often use my awareness of myself and I practise first what I suggest my clients. I strive to look after myself and I am constantly expanding my self awareness through meditation and effective use of supervision.
- I am open-minded about spirituality.
- Accreditation with the BACP
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (based on the CBT approach)
- WPF Certificate in Counselling (Psychodynamic approach)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy Course
- Parentline Plus Training Course for Facilitators of Parenting Groups
- Foundation Course in Non-Violent Communication
- Training Course in Community Mediation with Resolve Mediation in association with Bracknell & Wokingham College
- BA (Hons) Philosophy with Porto University